Quera RPG - RL map
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About Paladins

+3
M4gnificentt
SmokeAnJet
Mythos
7 posters

Go down

About Paladins Empty About Paladins

Post  Mythos Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:45 pm

This is going to be a proposal about paladins, and I will explain in a few things why they are way too overpowered. I'll make a short list and explanation, of course.

• Their SD Power: It's way too strong. A 200 pally hits thesame with SD as a 190 mage, not including the assassin stars. This makes them the most powerful vocation in the OT as it is now, which is, of couse, unacceptable.
  • Their healing rate:I think it's high. Of course I do not experience 200+ paladins with healing, but in my opinion it's still too high, so please look at this.
  • Their assassin stars: They hit LOADS with them, and they don't seem to run out fast. Now I know they are supposed to hit a lot, but make them disappear at a faster rate, so they have to resupply them faster.

I think this summons it up. I'm not sure about everything though, so please, comment. Thank you for your time
Mythos
Mythos

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

About Paladins Empty Re: About Paladins

Post  SmokeAnJet Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:14 pm

Im not sure if I can agree with everything written here, in my oponion thats what the vocation Paladin is for. I will say though that the SD damage could be alittle high. But then again, it seems about right. In this cause , i personally would suggest that you leave Paladins stats like theyre are, and tweak Knights maybe?

Actually now I think about it, a lv 184 was hitting me with sd for a maximum hit of 554, I can't see Paladins hitting for 400, maybe 300 at lv 200 but thats normal, I think.

SmokeAnJet

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  M4gnificentt Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:23 pm

well its not normal when paladin hits you like 300-400 with sd, since when i had a paladin in real tibia at level 156, my average hit was arround 190~ pvp.
M4gnificentt
M4gnificentt

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeAnJet Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Yes, but that is not with magic level 24+

SmokeAnJet

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythos Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:40 pm

Magic level doesn´t matter that much.
Mythos
Mythos

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeAnJet Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:42 pm

Yeah see, i dont know then

SmokeAnJet

Back to top Go down

Post  Leipe Mo Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Revqar

He had distance 93, and hited me 529 with assassin star. Holl my hp gone with 1 combo of him with sd.

I had 780~hp

Leipe Mo

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post  M4gnificentt Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:06 pm

Leipe Mo wrote:Revqar

He had distance 93, and hited me 529 with assassin star. Holl my hp gone with 1 combo of him with sd.

I had 780~hp

LOL?
M4gnificentt
M4gnificentt

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Corleonii Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:12 pm

I hit people for ~700 crit with assasin stars + SD combo is 1000+.
So I kinda agreed that we are abit overpowered.
But you got to watch out with paladins..
The next thing you know is that their too weak again.
Maybe tweak their SDs abit.
Don Corleonii
Don Corleonii

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythos Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:13 pm

Lower Sd´s, make ass stars disappear faster, so they actually have costs on their hunt :> That's all I'm asking for.
Mythos
Mythos

Back to top Go down

Post  M4gnificentt Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:14 pm

Well 700 pvp hit with assassin star is also abit too high, dont ya think?
and leave the disappearing as it is.
M4gnificentt
M4gnificentt

Back to top Go down

Post  Don Corleonii Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:30 pm

700 = with good skills and a 3-5% chance that it crits like that.
Normal to High assasin stars hit around 150-350
Don Corleonii
Don Corleonii

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post  Gawainn Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:39 pm

Mythos wrote:This is going to be a proposal about paladins, and I will explain in a few things why they are way too overpowered. I'll make a short list and explanation, of course.

• Their SD Power: It's way too strong. A 200 pally hits thesame with SD as a 190 mage, not including the assassin stars. This makes them the most powerful vocation in the OT as it is now, which is, of couse, unacceptable.
  • Their healing rate:I think it's high. Of course I do not experience 200+ paladins with healing, but in my opinion it's still too high, so please look at this.
  • Their assassin stars: They hit LOADS with them, and they don't seem to run out fast. Now I know they are supposed to hit a lot, but make them disappear at a faster rate, so they have to resupply them faster.

I think this summons it up. I'm not sure about everything though, so please, comment. Thank you for your time

So lets straighten up some facts. Razz

I currently own a lvl 140~ RP. With a paladin armor on I got 98 distance, I use sds and stars to hunt with.

I agree with Mythos about the sd damage, its a bit to much. My pvm hits with mlvl 23 are around 620~ my pvp hits are ussually hit around 300~. This is a bit to much I think to be honest. This should be decreased a bit, hitting 200+ with sds on my lvl would be fair I guess.

Lets move on to the healing. I honestly dont see whats wrong with our healing? I heal about 1.1K with exura san and a little les with uhs. Seeing that knights heal 1K about with uhs too I dont think theres anything wrong with this formula.

Now the stars. My current recorded max hit is probably about 1200~. It could be more tho, Im not really keeping track of it all the time. I agree that this is a bit much in combination with the overpowered SD's. However you should note that a paladin even with 100 distance or above will still have a missing change of 25%with assassin stars or any other trowing weapon. I dare to bet that a knight with equal skills using an annihilator weapon will have a higher average hit then I have when using stars.

So instead of Mythos's proposal I'd like to propose you dont touch our healing, lower our SD damage but either increase our hitting rate or our average damage. Because right now I feel like a mage with more hp and weaker SD hits.

//Gawainn

Note, incase you'll higher our hitting changes or our average damage Im completely fine if you remove our crit hits.

Gawainn

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythos Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:39 pm

I have 97 axe. My max hit _EVER_ was 400~ with melee. And it's 1 out of a million, trust me.
Mythos
Mythos

Back to top Go down

Post  Gawainn Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:39 pm

Mythos wrote:I have 97 axe. My max hit _EVER_ was 400~ with melee. And it's 1 out of a million, trust me.

Well thats just poor. But instead of complaining about palls that should be increased. Razz

Gawainn

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeAnJet Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:59 am

Yes I am interested in knowing what the GM will think about Mythos suggestions.

SmokeAnJet

Back to top Go down

Post  AaskiiI Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:43 am

" Now the stars. My current recorded max hit is probably about 1200~. It could be more tho, "

That is what Gawainn said is highest it is, 1200, with just a assassin star, and at level 140 he is. with dist below 100? and that is without sds. And im level 168 druid with magic 81 that hits 1200~ on creatures average, so paladins are abit overpowered. They should cost more (dont know how much they cost lol), and they should dissapear more often. and just touch abit their sd hits and abit healing with UH's.

Note. bit confused whilst writing this

AaskiiI

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Gawainn Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:02 am

AaskiiI wrote:" Now the stars. My current recorded max hit is probably about 1200~. It could be more tho, "

That is what Gawainn said is highest it is, 1200, with just a assassin star, and at level 140 he is. with dist below 100? and that is without sds. And im level 168 druid with magic 81 that hits 1200~ on creatures average, so paladins are abit overpowered. They should cost more (dont know how much they cost lol), and they should dissapear more often. and just touch abit their sd hits and abit healing with UH's.

Note. bit confused whilst writing this

"Because right now I feel like a mage with more hp and weaker SD hits."

I rely on my sds during hunting. I gain my power from them, 1 out of 4 stars misses its target. 2 out of the 3 remaining hit lower then 300~. Hitting 600+ rarely happens, talking about 1 out of 50. Hitting 800+ only happens when my basic hit is about 600~ or so and I got a lucky crit aswell.

Als you have a stable 1200 damage. I got a stable 600. Might become 1000 with luck, ussually around 800. Those 1200~ hits happen that rarely that I actually shouldnt count them in.

My stars are fine, same price and breaking rate as RL tibia, my crit hits are custom so is your sd damage. A mage with your lvl and mlvl would hit 700 pvm with sds on RL tibia. I'd hit 400~.

Gawainn

Back to top Go down

Post  SmokeAnJet Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:13 am

Yeah I can absolutly disagree. For mages that want to hunt they look for 100 sds which cost 34k, if im wrong correct me, but for a paladin, he is already spending 30k for alittle while hunt and 100 sds, saying that 100 = 300 charges, w/e

it pans out evenly, if nazgul was reading this post he would be outraged on what is being said here

SmokeAnJet

Back to top Go down

Post  Gawainn Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:48 pm

SmokeAnJet wrote:Yeah I can absolutly disagree. For mages that want to hunt they look for 100 sds which cost 34k, if im wrong correct me, but for a paladin, he is already spending 30k for alittle while hunt and 100 sds, saying that 100 = 300 charges, w/e

it pans out evenly, if nazgul was reading this post he would be outraged on what is being said here

If a mage would spend 102K on 300 sds a paladin would spend 102K for the sds and another 10K for the stars. Stars have a breaking rate of 33%, so that'd be 3 sds per star.

Anyway, a mage will have a better hit and will be able to kill the frosts faster.

Gawainn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down